- In Ogdens Visit Clothier Home, Mary Louise and Ken Smith inform us of their Bank Avenue home’s rich history, host Ogden descendants, and erect a historical marker on the property.
- The Smiths will host our first meeting of the 2017-2018 season on Tuesday, September 26, 2017, at 7 pm in their home at 503 Bank Avenue. The couple will present a Living History presentation on first owner Caleb Clothier and Riverton’s first Mayor, Edward Ogden, and his wife Sarah with a tour of the home’s basement. Reservations are required. Limited to first 30 registrants. Please RSVP by September 15 to Mary Louise at 609-304-5987 or email email@example.com.
- Changing of the Guard introduces HSR President Bill Brown.
- In his President’s Message, Bill Brown highlights Society plans and underscores his interest in recognizing Riverton’s veterans of the US Armed Forces in time of war.
- Summer Recap updates readers on what posts they may have missed on our website, rivertonhistory.com.
- Thank-You Notes expresses our gratitude for several donated items.
- Forms for 2018 dues and contributions will be included with the mailing for the November issue of the Gaslight News.
Click here to view issue #172_Gaslight_News_Sep17