New Era

The New Era was a weekly newspaper published in Riverton, NJ commencing in 1889 and believed to have ceased publication in 1975. It focused its coverage to Riverton, Palmyra and Cinnaminson, but often included stories from other townships in Burlington County.

Burlington County Library Headquarters owns 1894 – 1932, 1934 – 1949 on microfilm.

Riverton Library owns 1894 – 1932, 1934 – 1949 on microfilm.

Burlington County High School holds The New Era on microfilm from July 21, 1894 – December 29, 1949.

Revised 2013: In late 2012, the Riverton Free Library Association and the HSR cooperated to complete the digitization of four locally historic newspapers — The New Era (1894 – 1949), The Riverton Journal (1880 – 1882), The Palmyra Record (1913 – 1918), and The Weekly News (Palmyra) (1887 – 1922). See the HISTORICAL NEWSPAPERS tab on the homepage.

Leave a Reply