Our elite Volunteer Sub-Committee on Excavations installed a new historical marker at the Joseph Campbell home at 308 Main Street, Riverton, NJ. An auto accident took out the first one.
On 9/9/2022, a car crashed into the post for the historical marker at the Joseph Campbell house at the corner of 4th & Main. The offending driver’s insurance company (State Farm) quickly reimbursed us for a new post, and Roger ordered a replacement. Amazingly, the sign came through unscathed.
For more details on Joseph Campbell: https://rivertonhistory.com/2019/03/it-was-a-s-r-o-crowd-at-riverton-library-for-the-campbells-soup-show/
Our crew (L-R): Bill Brown, Roger Prichard, and John Laverty. Homeowner Dennis DeVries looks on.
We have installed ten historical markers, including:
- Porch Club 213 Howard St.
- Mt. Zion AME Church 300 Penn St.
- Robert and Anna Biddle 309 Bank Ave.
- Parrish – James House 311 Bank Ave.
- Riverton Steamboat Landing/RYC 312 Bank Ave.
- Wharton – Fitler House 407 Bank Ave.
- Caleb Clothier House 503 Bank Ave.
- Riverton Free Library 306 Main St.
- Joseph Campbell House 308 Main St.
- Riverton Public School 600 5th St.
…and, coming soon, Ezra Lippincott House 303 Bank Ave.
Can we get an “atta boy” for our crew?