The Friends of the Riverton Free Library had another successful biennial house tour of homes in the Riverton and Palmyra communities which included an exhibit organized the the Historical Society of Riverton. On display were amy local artifacts and the recent gift to the Society of Hannah Biddle’s wedding dress c, 1863. The exhibit was curated by Aggie Kennedy, Archive Chair, and Pat Brunker, Vice President, HSR.
- A History of the Welsbach Streetlighting Company
- Frances Rupert, Part Two
- House Tour Home Sponsored by HSR: Biddle Wedding Dress Displayed
- HSR Sponsors School Project: 8th Graders Conduct Oral History
- NY Times Online Archives: A Bonanza for History Buffs
- HSR Donates Historical Plaque
- History of the Riverton Country Club
- Things Gone By: Hannah McIlvain Biddle
- A View from the Tree House
Riverton’s second annual Victorian Day was held on Saturday, June 2, 2007, and provided the community with an opportunity to visit the HSR museum set-up for the day at 408 Main Street. Thanks go out to Pat & Richard Brunker, Bob Benarek, as well as Paul Daly, Joann DiNoia, Rob Hoag, Aggie & Bob Kennedy, John McCormick, Phyllis Rodgers, Priscilla Taylor, Elise Waters, and Gerald Weaber.
We especially appreciate the efforts of Phyllis Rodgers of The New Leaf, the Riverton Civic and Business Association, and the Economic Development Committee who all sponsored Riverson’s Second Annual Victorian Day.